FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES
Andrew T. Muguna
To be a Premier University Faculty for the provision of quality education, training and research for sustainable national and global development.
The mission of the faculty is to provide access to quality and relevant education in Business. This is in line with the University vision of offering quality education, training and research for national and global development
The Faculty of Business Studies has one department, the Department of Business Administration. It is at the cutting edge in training highly qualified managers who will meet the needs and challenges of all kinds of contemporary organizations. These managers will effectively manage resources at their disposal according to contemporary economic, business, management and technological trends.
The Faculty has benchmarked itself with the world’s best business schools’ practices. The faculty has responded to the needs of the Kenyan economy and Vision 2030 by developing market driven programmes that will produce graduates who are able to respond to the challenges facing the economic development of Kenya and other challenges facing the world today.
The faculty endeavors to achieve its objectives by working closely with all stakeholders in research, curriculum development, implementation and evaluation. The programmes offered by the faculty departments range from certificate to postgraduate programmes.
The programmes are taught by highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are specialists in a wide range of business fields. The second batch of seventy (70) students of Bachelor of Commerce who completed their studies in December 2010 graduated in May 2011.
The faculty is also a Centre for KASNEB courses and KASNEB Examinations. The candidates who register for KASNEB examinations at the faculty also receive tutorials from faculty staff and enjoy library resources besides benefiting from interactions
With both undergraduate and postgraduate students, the Faculty of Business Studies offers the following degrees and diplomas:
- PhD. In Business and Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
- Bachelor of Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science (Economics & Statistics)
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Human Resourse Management
- Certificate in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing