The Department of Education in Chuka University offers education, training and development for human resource meant to promote education objectives in Kenya and beyond. For this purpose the department is committed to giving an inclusive curriculum capable of producing a dynamic teacher and educational managers capable of operating in diverse environments. To achieve this, the department will create awareness on the range of services, products and operations available, the standards the Department has put in place, identification of its clients, resolution mechanism in the vent of dissatisfaction, expression of the Department’s commitment to its vision and mission, and the need to continuously improve the quality of services, products and operations offered in pursuit of customer satisfaction. The objective of this Department is commitment to offering high quality services and products to its customers.
To be a leading department in the provision of quality education, training and research for sustainable national and global development
To work with other stake holders to provide, promote life- long education, training and research for sustainable development.
Programmes Offered in the Department
The department staff members and their collaborators have published 20 papers to date in refereed journals.
- Wamukuru, D., and Muthaa, G. July 2011. Causes of Secondary School Shortage in Kenya. Kenya Journal of Education Planning and Management. 3(3): 43-50.
- Mbugua, Z. July 2011. Effects of Mathematical Structures on Learning Mathematics by Secondary School Students in Kenya. Kenya Journal of Education Planning, Economics and Management. 3(3): 109-113.
- Wachira, C., Mwenda, E., Muthaa, G., and Mbugua, Z. September 2011. The Impact of Free Primary Education on Management of Primary Schools in Embu West District, Kenya. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. 1(2): 156-161.
- Mbugua, Z., Muthomi, M., and Okere, M. September 2011. Attitude of Secondary School Students on Use of Scientific Calculators in Learning Mathematics in Embu District in Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 1(13): 131-136.
- Kirui, K., Mbugua Z., and Sang, A. October 2011. Challenges Facing Head Teachers in Security Management in Public Secondary Schools in Kisii County in Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 1(15): 228-233.
- Mbugua, Z. K. November 2011. Adequacy and extend to which Teaching and Learning Resources for Mathematics are Available and Used for Achievement in the Subject in Secondary School in Kenya. American International Journal of Contemporary Research. 1(3): 112-116.
- Mwenda, E., Njue, K., Mbugua, Z., and Muthaa, G. November 2011. Challenges to Effective Management of Schools by Board of Governors in Kenya: A case of Magumoni Division of Meru South Kenya. International Journal of Education Administration. 3(3): 270-279.
- Kanyi, M., Vandenbosch, T., Ngesa, F., and Muthaa, G. December 2011. Integration of Natural Resource Management in the Primary Education in Kenya. IJAMAD. 1(4): 221-228.
- Mbugua, Z. K. Month2012. Influence of Mathematical Language on Achievement in Mathematics by Secondary School Students in Kenya. Internal Journal of Education and Information Studies.2(1):1-7.
- Muthaa, G., Njagi, J., Mbugua, Z. and Mwenda Eric. Month 2012. Factors Influencing Teachers Resistance to Performance Contracting. Global Journal of Education Administration and Policy Studies. 2(1): 1-9.
- Muthomi, W., Mbugua, Z., and Githua, B. February 2012. Teachers’ Disposition towards Use of Scientific Calculators in Mathematics in Meru County, Kenya.Internal Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 2: 89-92.
- Sang, A., Muthaa, G., and Mbugua, Z. February 2012. Challenges Facing Technical Training in Kenya. SciRes.3(3): 1-5.
- Reche, G., Bundi, T., Riungu, J., and Mbugua, Z. March 2012. Factors Contributing to Poor Performance in Kenya Certificate of Primary Education in Public Day Primary Schools in Mwimbi Division, Maara District, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 2(5): 127-133.
- Mbugua, Z., Kibet, K., & Reche, G. June 2012. Factors Contributing to Students’ Poor Performance in Mathematics at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education: A Case of Baringo County, Kenya. American International Journal of Contemporary Research. 2(6): 87-91.
- Mbugua, Z., Ndeke, L., & Ogola, F. Month 2012. Challenges Faced by Head teachers in Management of Special Primary Schools and Units for the Intellectually Challenged Pupils in Meru South District in Kenya. International Journal of Childhood and Society. 1(1): 1-6.
- Muthomi, W., & Mbugua, Z. Month 2012. Effects of Using Scientific calculators in Learning Mathematics by Secondary School Students in Embu District in Kenya. International Journal of Knowledge Management and Information Technology. 2(1): 1-5.
- Mbugua, Z., Miriti, J., Muthaa, G., & Reche, G. Month 2012. Challenges Faced by Deputy Head teachers in Secondary School Administration and the Strategies They Use to Tackle Them in Imenti South District, Kenya. International Journal of Education Planning & Administration. 2(1): 45-53.
- Reche, G., Mbutu, J., Riungi, J., & Mbugua, Z. Month 2012. Factors Affecting Achievement in Mathematics By Students in Day Secondary Schools in Maara District, Kenya. International Journal of Mathematics Research. 4(5): 479-486.
- Abura, O. G., Barchok, K. H., & Onyango, C. A., 2012, September: Effectiveness of Extension Services in Enhancing Outgrowers’ credit System: A Case of Smallholder Sugarcane farmers in Kisumu County, Kenya. International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD).
- Barchok, K. H., Too, K., & Abura, O. G., Barchok, 2012, June: Effect of collaborative concept mapping teaching strategy on students’ achievement in chemistry in selected secondary schools in Kenya. Global Journal of Management Science and Technology (GJMST).