be a Premier University Faculty for the provision of quality education,
training and research for sustainable national and global development.
mission of the faculty is to provide access to quality and relevant
education in Business. This is in line with the University vision of
offering quality education, training and research for national and
Faculty of Business Studies has one department, the Department of
Business Administration. It is at the cutting edge in training highly
qualified managers who will meet the needs and challenges of all kinds
of contemporary organizations. These managers will effectively manage
resources at their disposal according to contemporary economic,
business, management and technological trends.
Faculty has benchmarked itself with the world’s best business schools’
practices. The faculty has responded to the needs of the Kenyan economy
and Vision 2030 by developing market driven programmes that will
produce graduates who are able to respond to the challenges facing the
economic development of Kenya and other challenges facing the world
faculty endeavors to achieve its objectives by working closely with all
stakeholders in research, curriculum development, implementation and
evaluation. The programmes offered by the faculty departments range from
certificate to postgraduate programmes.
programmes are taught by highly qualified and experienced faculty
members who are specialists in a wide range of business fields. The
second batch of seventy (70) students of Bachelor of Commerce who
completed their studies in December 2010 graduated in May 2011.
The faculty is also a Centre for KASNEB courses and KASNEB Examinations.
The candidates who register for KASNEB examinations at the faculty also
receive tutorials from faculty staff and enjoy library resources
besides benefiting from interactions
With both undergraduate and postgraduate students, the Faculty of Business Studies offers the following degrees and diplomas:
- PhD. In Business and Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
- Bachelor of Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Mgt.
- Bachelor of Science (Economics & Statistics)
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Human Resourse Management
- Certificate in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Sales and Marketing