mission of the Faculty of Science Engineering & Technology (FSET)
is to generate, transmit and preserve quality knowledge by promoting
independent and interactive learning and a scientific inquiry in culture
and striving for diverse national and global development in pure and
applied research in sciences and technology, while seeking to integrate
these perspectives. This is in line with the university’s vision and
mission as elaborated in the strategic plan.
The objectives of the Faculty are:
relevant quality higher education, training, research and extension to
enable graduates contributes to sustainable national and global
- Generate and share research findings with users to solve societal and environmental problems to improve quality of life.
- To provide a conducive environment for learning and enhance efficiency of operations in the faculty.
faculty governance and prudent management of financial and human
resources to maximize productivity to satisfy customers and stakeholders
mutually beneficial partnerships to provide opportunities and
innovative ideas for sustainable study, research, outreach, and
The Faculty comprises of three departments: Physical Sciences, Computer Science & ICT, and Biological Sciences.
faculty educates outstanding scholars, researchers and specialists, who
contribute innovatively to the development and well being of humanity.
evolution of knowledge and skills through technology is more rapid than
ever before. To embrace this, the University has purchased state of the
art science equipment that has enabled staff and students to carry out
cutting edge research. This equipment inter-alia includes;
- Vertical gel documentation electrophoresis;
- High performance liquid chromatography;
- Soxtherm-total fat analyser;
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (thermal cycler);
for cycling voltametry, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy,
investigation of fitting corrosion and Chronoamerometry;
- Elemental Analysis (*The only one in Africa);
- Fourier Transform Infra-Red Spectrophometer;
- Kjeltec digester;
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer;
- Uv/Vis spectrophotometer and
- Kelvin Probe
- Rotary Microtome
- Electrical heated vertical steam sterilizer
- Multistage Compound Microscope
- Hematology analyzer
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- Conventional thermal cycler
- Trans illuminator
- ELISA Reader machine
- Digital microscope with integrated camera
faculty is upbeat in the continued enrolment of thousands of students.
We attribute this to the Faculty’s great effort in developing new
market-driven programmes like Actuarial Science, Electrical and
Electronics Engineering and Industrial Chemistry among others which have
attracted the highest recorded number of students.
faculty staffing level has immensely improved. We now have very high
cadre staff in all disciplines and this will go a long way in improving
service delivery, and student to staff ratio.
setting up and completion of the 3 billion Science Park will be a
phenomenal achievement for our scientists who will have extensive
resources for research. It will house several labs, workshops, and
incubation centers for enhancing further research in different areas to
come up with new market products. It will be a game changer in arena of
science in Kenya and in the world.