Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Social Sciences
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Disaster Management/Community Development
2019-Date: Senior Lecturer, Chuka University
2016-2019: Lecturer, Chuka University, Peer Reviewer, External Examiner, Consultant.
2012-2015: Assistant Lecturer, Chuka University
2008-2012: Part time Instructor, Masinde Muliro University, Volunteer.
2004-2008: Tutor/Career Liaison Officer, Sigalagala Technical Institute
2001-2003: Graduate Teacher III; Matende Sec. School
1990-2001: Graduate Teacher III. Patron (Science Club), Mukumu Boys High School
1996-1998: Graduate Teacher II, Butere Girls High School
1994-1995: Graduate Teacher I, Malava Girls Sec School
PhD, Kisii University
MA, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
B.Ed. (Science), Egerton University
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
2013: Evaluation and variation of pumpkin varieties grown by small holder farmers in the Lake Victoria 2013: The potential of pumpkin production in Climate change
2014: Child labour and Sustainable Development in Nzoia Region Western Kenya
2015: Role of the church in Disaster Preparedness, Mt. Kenya Region
2017-2018: Mushroom Production for Food Security in Tharaka Niti County
2017-2019: Disaster Preparedness Strategies for Rural Communities in Tharaka Niti County
1. Mworia L. M., Sande A& Kiboro C. (2019). Water Resource users Associations Catchment Protection Strategies on Promotion of Sustainable Water Projects in Tana Catchment Area, Kenya. Journal of African Interdisplinery Studies, 3(7):134-146
2. Mworia L. M., Sande A. & Kiboro (2019). Influence of Resource Mobilization Strategies on Promortion of Sustainable Water Projects in Tana Catchment Area, Kenya. Journal of African Interdisplinery Studies, 3(8):8-17.
3. Sande A. (2019): Household Characteristics and Child Labour in Western Region of Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Studies, 5(11):122-133
4. Sande A. (2018): Child Labour in Nzoia Region of Wester Kenya and Implications on the Rights of Children: Critical Reflections. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 23(4, Ver. 5).
5. Sande A. (2019): Mushroom Nurturance as a Strategy for Food Security in Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 24(1 Ser. 10):47-52.
6. A.S. Andayi, P.G. Okoth and E.M. Neyole, (2011). Widows in relation to HIV and AIDS infection in Butere/Mumias; Socio- Cultural challenges. International Journal of disaster management and risk Reduction, 3 (2): 34-42.
7. Echesa A.C.P., Nyambaka H., Ondigi N. A., Omuterema S., Toili W., AfihiniS. M. and Sande A (2013). Evaluation of micronutrients in seeds of Pumpkin varieties grown by smallholder farmers in the Lake Victoria Basin. African Journal of Food Science and Technology, 4(11):71-81.
8. Echesa A.C.P., Nyambaka H., Ondigi N. A., Omuterema S., Toili W., AfihiniS. M. and Sande A (2013); Variation of micronutrients in pumpkin fruit varieties grown by smallholder farmers within Lake Victoria Basin. Journal of Food Science and Quality Management, 17:221-228.
9. Nasimiyu, G., Opati, W., Sande, A. and Musee, J., (2010). Role of Administration officers in Disaster Management in Kenya. International Journal of Disaster Management and Risk Reduction, 3(1):104-108.
POSTGRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Strategies of Water Resource Users Associations in Promoting Sustainable Water Projects: A case of Tana Catchment Area, Kenya
2. Assessment of Factors affecting Sustainability of Donor Funded Food Security in Tharaka Nithi South Sub County, Kenya.
3. Factors Influencing Perfomance of Income Generating Enterprises Owned by Youth Living with Disabilities (YLWD) in Chuka/Igamba-Ngombe Constituencies, Kenya.
4. Gender and Urban Agriculture: The Case Study of Kakamega County, Kenya.
5. Adoption of New Grain Storage Technologies in Embu County, Kenya.
6. Community development): Effectiveness of NjaaMarufuku Kenya Programme on Food Security to small Holder Farmers in Embu West Sub- County, Kenya.
7. Youth Violence: Exploration of Predisposing Factors in Garissa Sub- County, Garissa County, Kenya.
8. Effectiveness of Cash transfer Programme in Promoting the Welfare of Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Secondary Schools in Embu East Sub- County, Kenya.
9. The relationship between Women Literacy and Household Food Security: A case of IgambaNg’ombe Division, TharakaNithi County, Kenya.
10. Role of Entrepreneurship Training Program on the Performance of Youth Enterprises: A case Study of Laikipia East Sub County, Laikipia
11. ChildLabour and its Impacts in Public Primary Schools in Dadaab, Garissa County.