Welcome to the Board of Post Graduate Studies and Research (BPGS&R). The Board of postgraduate studies and research is a statutory body of the University which is charged with the coordination of all postgraduate programmes and research. Post-Graduate studies in Chuka University started in 2005 when Eastern Campus was founded by Egerton University. The first group of the Post-graduate students was admitted in November 2005. The board is headed by a director.
Members of the Board
|Dr. Moses M. Muraya ||Director BPGS (Chair)|
|Prof. Francis G. Ndiritu ||Registrar (AA) Secretary|
|Dr. Charles M. Kariuki||Director, Research and Extension|
|Dr. Christine Atieno Peter ||Senate Rep|
|Dr. Gilbert M. Miriti||Senate Rep|
|Dr. Agatha M. Nthenge||Faculty Rep, FAES|
|Dr. Beatrice M. Mburugu ||Faculty Rep, FERED|
|Dr. Catherine K. Kaimenyi||Faculty Rep, BUST|
|Dr. Dorcas Muendi Musyimi||Faculty Rep, FHSS|
|Dr. Eric C. Njagi ||Faculty Rep, FSET|
|Dr. Eugene S. Mukhwana||Faculty Rep, SNPH|
|Mr. Justus N. Ruingu ||Director, Exam & TT|
|Prof. Colomba K. Muriungi||Director, QA|
|Prof. Joseph M. Kavulya||Librarian |
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
The Board of Post Graduate Studies and Research (BPGS&R) is committed to provision of effective leadership, services and support for the advancement of education, extension and research for the betterment of the students and society.
- To review recommendations to the senate on the quality of postgraduate programmes from time to time.
- To oversee effectiveness in the implementation and conduct of postgraduate programmes.
- To promote an inter-disciplinary collaborations at postgraduate level.
- To expeditiously process internal research funding applications annually.
- To promote postgraduate student welfare through consultative meetings held at least once per year.
- To encourage conformity to the ISO 9001:2008 QMS in Chuka University.
- To provide quality university education and training to postgraduate students
- To produce skilled graduates to meet stakeholders’ expectations
- To develop market-driven postgraduate programmes
- To generate and share research findings and programmes
To be a premier directorate in the provision of effective leadership, services and support for the advancement of education, research and students development
Provision of quality teaching, training and research for national, regional and global development
Effective and responsive administration, coordination, supervision and control of academic programmes and research to comply with regulatory policies and procedures
NB:For Postgraduate courses offered in the university, kindly click here Doctorate & Masters