Welcome to the Directorate of Privately sponsored students. Directorate of Privately Sponsored Students is a statutory body of the University. It was established in August 2019 whose mandate is to attract Privately Sponsored Students by vigorously marketing Chuka University, developing strategies to improve, expand and implement its programmes.
The Directorate is headed by a Director who reports directly to the Vice Chancellor through the Deputy Vice chancellor (ARSA). The director coordinates the activities of Privately Sponsored Students by collaborating with Faculties, campuses and other directorates thus ensuring harmonization of privately sponsored students’ activities across the university.
To be a premier Directorate of Privately sponsored students in provision of quality education training and research for sustainable national and global development
To vigorously market the university, developing strategies to improve, expand and implement programme for Privately Sponsored Students for quality education training and research for sustainable national and global development
- To propose improvements and amendments of privately sponsored students’ policies and procedures.
- To prepare policies, procedures and regulations for management of privately sponsored students.
- To develop strategies to improve and expand programmes for privately sponsored students in the University.
- To conduct market research to identify higher education needs and trends in Kenya and other countries.
- To facilitate and coordinate the implementation of new programmes for privately sponsored students.
- To develop strategies for the expansion of enrolment of private students.
- To vigorously market Chuka University to attract privately sponsored students.
- To monitor and evaluate privately sponsored students in accordance with the privately sponsored students’ policy.
- To harmonize privately sponsored students’ practices across the University.
- To propose ways to enhance harmonious coexistence of regular and privately sponsored students in the University.