Dr. Charles Mbogo Kariuki
Director, Research,Extension and Publications
The Directorate is a statutory body of the University and was established in 2015 within the Division of Academic, Research and Student Affairs (AR&SA). It is charged with the coordination of research activities through receiving, reviewing and approving research proposals submitted for award of Internal Research Funds and also monitoring of internal research-funded projects. The Directorate empowers the University to compete for external research funding and also coordinates the University International Research Conference, training in research proposal development and extension services.
The Directorate is made up of below board members headed by a Director.
1. Dr. Charles M. Kariuki Department of Animal Sciences (Director)
2. Dr. Moses M. Muraya Board of Postgraduate Studies (Member)
3. Mr. Vincent B. Kiilu University Library (Member)
4. Dr. Ochieng' Ombaka Senate Rep (Member)
5. Dr. Isaac M. Nkari Senate Rep (Member)
6. Dr. Rael Nkatha Mwirigi Department of Business Administration (Member)
7. Dr. Edwin Muchomba Kiria Department of Env. Studies (Member)
8. Dr. Beatrice M. Mburugu Department of Education (Member)
9. Dr. Zipporah W. Muthui Department of Physical Sciences (Member)
10. Dr. Rose Nyakio Kimani Department of Humanities (Member)
11. Dr Catherine Gichunge School of Nursing and Public Health (Member)
12. Ms. Marion Wambui Muturi Senior Administrative Assistant (Secretary)
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
The Directorate of Research, Extension and Publications is committed to creation of an enabling environment for the promotion and sustenance of quality research for the advancement of education, extension and research for the betterment of the students/staff and society.
- To foster an enabling environment for development and production of quality research proposals and outputs
- To regulate internal research funding and provide equal opportunities and full participation of staff and students in research activities
- To increase the number of developed and sustained research publications by university’s staff and students
- To promote participatory and collaborative research with local and international partner institutions.
- To empower the University Community to compete for external research funding, given the limited resources from internal sources.
- To ensure that procedures of research conform to ethical stipulations.
To be a premier directorate in the provision of quality research for the advancement of students/staff’s development in matters pertaining to technological innovation.