Ms. Joyce Mghoi Macharia
The Office of Career Services was launched by Ambassador Amina Mohammed in the University of Nairobi in June 2018. Every University and TVET institution was tasked with the mandate to create this office. The purpose of this career office is to bridge the skill gap, help students develop soft skills and generally create an opportunity for interactions and networking between students and employers for smooth transition from learning to earning.
In Chuka University, the Office of Career Services was created in August 2019. Our mission is to support the vision of Chuka University by empowering students to make the right career choices through Academic Advising, Career Counselling and Linkages. We envision a holistic graduate equipped with soft and practical skills for the job market.
Mission: To support the vision of Chuka University by empowering students to make
the right career choices through Academic Advising, Career counselling and linkages.
Vision: Envision a holistic graduate equipped with soft and practical skills for the job market
- Customer value and focus
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Prudent use of resources
- Timelines and devotion to duty
- To conduct career counselling on individual students that walk into our office seeking the same.
- To create awareness and educate students on the trends in Careers and nature of workforce during orientation.
- To network with Chuka University Alumni and hold at least one career fair every year.
- To keep up with the current market demands including CV writing skills, job market skills by training at least once per semester in different departments by inviting resource persons from industries or corporate world.
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship opportunities and encourage students to embrace entrepreneurial opportunities through incubation forum at least once per year.
- To train at least 26 career ambassadors every year.
- To evaluate and assess the information on the graduate tracker system at least once per year.
To achieve our mandate, Office of Career Services will offer
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Counselling Services
- Linkage between Industries and Students
- High School Recruitment
- Intra-Institutional Exchanges
- Apprenticeship Services
- Establishing an Alumni Network
- Creating an Entrepreneurial Incubator
- Recruiting and Training Student Career Ambassadors
- Recruitment Career Fairs
- Venture Capital Fairs
P.O. Box 109-60400, Chuka