Faculty of, Agriculture and Environmental Studies
Department of Environmental Studies and Resource Development
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
4 years – Assistant Lecturer
Tree planting, clean up exercises, environmental education and awareness, waste management, wildlife census.
Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, UK (Ongoing)
Master of Science in Environment and Development, University of Edinburgh, UK
B.Sc. in Environmental Studies, Maseno University, Kenya
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Effects of variation in local governance on community attitudes, ecological outcomes and ecosystem services in Mt. Kenya forest
2. Dammed and damned? Consequences of large-scale land use changes on environment, livelihood and food security in the Yala swamp ecosystem, Kenya, East Africa
3. Conservation education: Local attitudes towards environmental conservation among local communities in Taita
RECENT SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
1. Agatha Nthenge, Paul Dolman, Adrian Martin (2020) Variation in community’s local governance and its effect on forest conditions in Mt. Kenya forest (Under review)
2. J. M. Kariuki, B. Soi, A. N. Mutio and D. N. Kinyanjui (2018) Solid waste management practices at Egerton University, Njoro campus and the community around. Journal of Scientific Research & Reports. 19 (4), 1–9. ISSN: 2320-0227.
3. Agatha Nthenge and Romulus Abila (2014) Dammed and damned? Consequences of large-scale land use changes on environment, livelihood and food security in the Yala swamp ecosystem, Kenya, East Africa. International Journal of Advance Research, 2(3), 1–13.
Conservation education, Ecosystem services, livelihoods and poverty reduction, Local governance and institutions in co-management of natural resources, biodiversity conservation