FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
English and Linguistics
Nov 2017 to present: Lecturer, Chuka University
Dec 2014 – Nov 2017: Assistant Lecturer, Chuka University
Sept 2015-Oct 2016: Examinations Coordinator, Chuka University
Jan 2008-Dec 2014: Head of Department, English, Muthambi Girls High School
Jan 1998-Dec 2014: Senior Graduate Teacher, Teachers Service Commission
2009-Dec 2014: Member, Muthambi Division English Examination Setting Panel
2007-Dec 2014: Coordinator, Muthambi Girls and Drummond High School (Scotland) Link Project
PhD (Linguistics), Chuka University
MA (English), Egerton University
B.Ed. (Arts), Kenyatta University
1) Kinyua, A. H. G. “Principles of Affix ordering in Kĩmwĩmbĩ”- a determination of the principles and constraints underlying the combinations of affixes in Kĩmwĩmbĩ. International Journal of English Language, Literature & Humanities (IJELLH), Volume 7, Issue 1, January 2019:1192-1224.
2) Kinyua, A. H. G and Muriungi, P. K. “Accounting for Post-Verbal Affixes on the Kĩmwĩmbĩ Verb”- in Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences (JRHSS), Vol 6, No 20. October 2016: 71-97.
3) Kinyua, A. H. G. “Tense and Aspect Marking in Kĩmwĩmbĩ” in International Journal of English Language, Literature & Humanities (IJELLH), Volume IV, Issue X October 2016: 327-343. Online:
4) Kinyua, A. H. G. (2011). The Verb Group in Kĩmwĩmbĩ Kenya. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Heinrich-Bocking-St, Saarbrucken, Germany.
Syntax, Morphology, Linguistic typology, ESL instruction, Sociolinguistics, Multilingualism, Pedagogical Methods, Editing, Translation
POSTGRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Wh- Movement in Kipsigis
2. The Syntax of Anaphors and Pronouns in Ki-Imenti: a Bantu language spoken in Kenya.