FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
June 2019 – To date: Lecturer-Physics; Department of Physical Science, Chuka University
January 2015-June 2019: Assistant Lecturer; Department of Physical Science, Chuka University
September 2006- December 2014: Physics/Mathematics Teacher; Teachers service commission, Kenya
Ph.D. in Physics (Applied Geophysics); M.Sc. in Physics; B.Ed. (Science)
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
2016 – date: Gravity and Magnetic survey and rock geochemical analysis of Migori Greenstone belt in an attempt to establish any structural control on the distribution of minerals within the belt
2011-2012: Gravity and magnetic survey of Homa Hills Geothermal prospect in an attempt to obtain the characteristics of the heat source
2010: Volunteer research assistant with GDC, conducted MT/TEM survey in Homa Hill geothermal prospect
1. Odek, A., Githiri, J., K’Orowe, M., Ambusso, W. (2018). Power spectral analysis and edge detection of magnetic data of Migori greenstone belt, Kenya. Journal of Applied Geology and Geophysics, 6, 01-10.
2. Odek, A., Githiri, J., K’Orowe, M., Ambusso, W. (2018). 3D Werner Deconvolution of gravity data of Migori greenstone belt, Kenya. International Journal of science and Education research, (2) 06.
3. Odek, A., Kiarie, B. (2018). Ground water prospecting using Self Potential (SP) in Mungoni area of Tharaka Nithi, Kenya. International Journal of science and Education research, (2) 06.
4. Odek, A. (2018). Near surface anomaly depth estimation using downward continuation technique. IOSR Journal of Applied Geology and Geophysics (IOSR- JAGG), (6) 01-05.
5. Odek, A. (2018). 2D Inversion of Gravity data of Nyabisawa-Bugumbe area of Migori greenstone belt, Kenya. International Journal of science and Education research. (2) 05.
6. Adero, B., Odek, A., Abuga, V., Githiri, J., Ambusso, W. (2014). 2 D- Euler deconvolution and forward modeling of magnetic data of Homa Hills, Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research, (3) 4
7. Odek, A., Adero, B., Ambusso, W., Githiri, J. (2013). 2D- Euler deconvolution and forward modeling of Gravity date of Homa Hills Kenya. Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology. Jomo Kenyatta university of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya, (15)1
8. Adero, B., Odek, A., Willis, A., Githiri, J. 2011. Geophysical structure of Homa Hills Geothermal field based on gravity and magnetic survey. Proceedings, Kenya Geothermal Conference at Safari Park Hotel
Geothermal Energy and Mining
POST GRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1.Geo-electric investigation of flammable natural gas in kipeto area, kajiado county.
2. Sol-gel synthesis and characterisation of copper and nickel doped titanium dioxide(cu1-x nixtio3) nanoparticles for photocatalytic degradation of organic dyes