FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
September 2019-present: Lecturer in Communication and Media Studies, Chuka University
September 2015- September 2019: Lecturer in the Department of Communication, Languages and Linguistics, Pan Africa Christian University
2010-2015: PhD Mass Communication, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
2006- 2010: Master of Arts in English and Linguistics, Kenyatta University
1995- 1999: B Ed (Arts) Linguistics and Literature, University of Nairobi
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. 2016-present: Co-investigator in a multidisciplinary multi-institutional research involving Machakos University, Kenyatta University and Chuka University that won the National Research Fund Multidisciplinary Research Grant 2016-2017 Financial Year.
2. Research title: A Situational Analysis of HIV/AIDS Intervention Measures in Kisii County
3. 2016 – present: Co-investigator in a multidisciplinary multi-institutional team from Chuka University, Kenya Private Sector Alliance and Embu University that won the National Research Fund Multidisciplinary Research Grant 2016-2017 Financial Year.
4. Research title: Enhancing Youth Employability Readiness in Kenya through Career Mapping
1. Nyakundi, A.O., Maroko, G. M., Mokua, G. N. & Onyambu, M. O. (2019). Communication strategies used in the management of HIV and AIDS in Kisii County: Successes and gaps. International Journal of Communication Research, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
2. Nyakundi, A. O., Mberia, H. K. & Ndeti, N. (2015). An analysis of the use of mass media during communication campaigns for mental health conducted in Nairobi County. The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 4-8.
3. Nyakundi, A. O., Mberia, H. K. & Ndeti, N. (2014). An assessment of the effectiveness of communication campaigns in enhancing knowledge of mental health among secondary school students in Nairobi County in Kenya. The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies, 2(12):96-107.
4. Nyakundi, A. O. (2012). The translation of figurative language in the book of Proverbs in the Ekegusii Bible. Saabrücken: Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG
Health Communication, Development Communication
POSTGRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. An Assessment of the Influence of Social Media on the Social Behaviours of the Youths in Mbarara, Uganda
2. The Influence of Social Networking Sites on the Quality of Marital Relationships among Couples in Selected CITAM Assemblies in Nairobi
3. The Influence of New Media Technology on Traditional Mass Media: A Case of Selected Television Stations in Nairobi County