Faculty of Education and Resources Development
Department of Education
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Higher Education Loans Board of Kenya Scholarships Award 2010/2011 for PhD
Chuka University Internal Funding of 2011 for PhD study
2017-Current: Member of Board of Research and Publication, Chuka University
2017-Current: Member of Board of Postgraduate Studies, Chuka University
2015-Current: Senior Lecturer in Psychology in the Department of Education Chuka University
Jan 2014-August 2015: Lecturer and COD Department of Education, Chuka University
2013-Current: Chair, Gender Mainstreaming Committee, Chuka University
Therapeutic community model trainer
Board Member, Katheri Boys, Katheri Girls and Kinjo Day Secondary Schools
Visiting children’s homes, Rehabilitation Centers, homes of the aged, widowed persons, Counselling youth groups and less fortunate in the society, doing research and attending Conferences on human development
PhD in Counselling Psychology (Chuka University)
Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling)
B.Ed. (Education Arts)
1. Wanjiru J. J. Mugai, Veronica K. Nyaga, Beatrice M. Mburugu: (2019). Influence of Counsellor’s Knowledge Power on Counselling Outcomes of Learners with Behavioural Problems in Public Primary Schools in Embu County Kenya: Volume 4, Issue 6, June – 2019 International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology ISSN No:-2456-2165
2. Wanjiru J. J. Mugai: 2019. Veronica K. Nyaga, Beatrice M. Mburugu: (2019) Influence of Counsellor’s Legitimate Power on Counselling Outcomes of Learners with Behavioural Problems in Public Primary Schools in Embu County Kenya: International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS) Volume III, Issue VI, June 2019
3. Wanjiru J. J. Mugai: 2019: Wanjiru Jane J. Mugai, Veronica K. Nyaga, and Beatrice M. Mburugu. Influence of Counsellor’s Professionalism Power on Counselling Outcomes of Learners with Behavioural Problems in Public Primary Schools in Embu County. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science Volume III, Issue VI, June 2019.
4. Mugambi L.K. & Mburugu, B.M. (2019) Efficacy Levels of Therapeutic Counselling in Dealing with Psychological Needs among Adult Refugees: A Case of Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa County, Kenya. IOSR Journal of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 24, Issue 7, Ser. 3 (July. 2019) 41-48 e-ISSN: 2279-0837,
5. Mburugu, B.M., & Kamoyo J. (2019) Career advancement as a Coping Mechanism of widowers and widows in Meru County Kenya. International Journal of Contemporary Applied Researches 6(1).
6. Maigallo K & Mburugu, B.M., & Magana, (2019) Association between Sources of Knowledge on Human Sexual Behaviour and Marital Satisfaction among Married People in Meru County IISTE. 9(11)
7. Kamoyo, J. M. Barchok, H.K. Mburugu, B.M, & Nyaga, V.K. (2015). Effects of Imprisonment on Depression among Female Inmates in Selected Prisons in Kenya. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences Vol 5, No 16.
8. Kamoyo, J. M. Nyaga, V.K. Barchok, H.K. Mburugu, B.M. (2015). Effects of Imprisonment on Interpersonal Relationships among Female Inmates in Selected Prisons in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research, Vol 3, No. 7.
9. Gikunda R.M & Mburugu B.M. (2015). Effect of Social Media on Interpersonal Relationships of Students in Public Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Academic Research
10. 16. Kiriungi, L., Gikunda R.M, & Mburugu, B (2014). An Assessment of Public Primary School Teachers’ Attitude towards Inclusion of Children with Hearing Impairment in Central Region of Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 2 No. 3
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES
1. Presented a paper in 2nd International Conference of KGCPA on Efficacy Levels of Therapeutic Counselling in dealing with Anxiety Disorders of Adult Refugees in Dadaab Refugee Camp in Kenya (Nov, 21st 2019) in Chuka University, Kenya.
2. Presented a paper in 5th Chuka International conference on Career Advancement as a coping Mechanism of widows and widowers in Meru County Kenya (7th Nov., 2019) in Chuka University, Kenya.
3. Presented a paper in 1st KGCPA International Conference on Depression as a psychological effect of Widowhood: A Comparative study of widows and widowers in Meru County Kenya (15th Nov., 2018) Maseno University, Kenya.
4. Training on Writing of fundable proposals Workshop held in Chuka University held in May 2019
5. Attended Training on Bridges of America Therapeutic Community Model Workshop held in Africa Nazarene University held on 23rd -24th September, 2016
POST GRADUATE TOIPCS SUPERVISED
24 postgraduate (PhD and Masters) students.