FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Veterinary Medicine, Virology, Pathology, Microbiology, Mycotoxins
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Animal Science, Chuka University
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Animal Health and Production, Mount Kenya University
PhD in Veterinary Pathology and Diagnostics (On going)
MSc in Applied Microbiology (Virology)
Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
2018: The LEAP-Agri research project MycoSafe-South, the “European–African partnership for safe and efficient use of mycotoxin-mitigation strategies in sub-Saharan Africa”.
2015: Sero-prevalence of brucellosis in ruminants and in milk in Chuka and their role in human transmission.
2011 – 2013: Effect of parasite control on Newcastle disease vaccination immune response and productivity of village chicken in Mbeere District Kenya
1. Seasonal Newcastle disease antibody titre levels in village chickens of Mbeere District, Eastern Province, Kenya D. C. Kemboi, H.W.Chege, L.C. Bebora, N. Maingi, P.N. Nyaga, P.G. Mbuthia, L.W. Njagi and J.M. Githinji. Livestock Research for Rural Development 25 (10) 2013.
2. Chicken parasites and local treatments used against them in Mbeere District, Kenya. H W Chege, D C Kemboi, L C Bebora, N Maingi, P N Nyaga, P G Mbuthia, L W Njagi and J Githinji. Livestock Research for Rural Development 26 (1) 2014
3. Effect of parasite control on immune response of Newcastle Disease vaccination and productivity, of village chicken, Mbeere District D. C. Kemboi, H.W.Chege, L.C. Bebora, N. Maingi, P.N. Nyaga, P.G. Mbuthia, L.W. Njagi, and J.M. Githinji- Livestock Research for Rural Development 26 (2) 2014
4. Isolation of Infectious Bursal Disease Virus Using Indigenous Chicken Embryos in Kenya. W. U.
Mutinda, L. W. Njagi, P. N. Nyaga, L. C. Bebora, P. G. Mbuthia, D. Kemboi, J. W. K. Githinji, and A.Muriuki. International Scholarly Research Notices Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 464376, 7 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/464376
5. Efficacy of Piperazine citrate, Levamisole hydrochloride and Albendazole in the treatment of chicken naturally infected with gastrointestinal helminths. Chege H W, Kemboi D C, Bebora L C, Maingi N, Mbuthia P G, Nyaga P N and Njagi L W 2017: Livestock Research for Rural Development. Volume 29, Article #98. Retrieved May 29, 2017, from http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd29/5/wamb29098.htm
Virology and immunology, Mycotoxicology, Veterinary pathology and diagnostics, Poultry production and health