Faculty: Science, Engineering & Technology
Department: Computer Science and ICT
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Computer science: Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning, Computer vision, Cloud computing and security.
March 2015-present: Assistant Lecturer, Chuka University
April 2015-March 2015: Assistant lecturer, Kabarak University
January 2012- August 2014: Sessional lecturer, Technical University Kenya
April 2010-April 2014: Lecturer, NYS Institute of Business Studies
Doctorate of Engineering in Computer Science (2019), Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China
MSc. in Computer Science, University of Nairobi
B.Sc. in Computer Science, Kabarak University
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
September 2015- June 2019: Doctorate Thesis: Efficient Methods for Deep Learning with Applications in Agriculture.
1. Edna C. Too, Yujian Li, Pius Gadosey, Sam Njuki, Mugendi E. Mosomi and Julius Kibet, “Deep pruned nets for efficient image-based plant disease classification”. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 37,2019 (SCI).DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JIFS-190184
2. Edna C. Too, Li Yujian, Sam Njuki, Pius Kwao,” Performance analysis of non-linear activation in Convolution Neural Network for Image Classification.” International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering, 2019. (EI).
3. Edna C. Too, L. Yujian, S. Njuki, and L. Yingchun, “A comparative study of fine-tuning deep learning models for plant disease identification,” Comput. Electron. Agric., no. October 2017, pp. 0–1, 2018. (SCI, IF: 2.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2018.03.032.
4. Sam Njuki, Jianbiao Zhang, Edna C. Too “Analysis of Virtual Machine Migration Security Architectures in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2017.
5. Edna C. Too, Li Yujian, Sam Njuki, Peter Yamak and Zhang Ting, “The Convolution Neural Network with Transformed Exponential Linear Unit Activation Function for Image Classification.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Image, Video and Signal Processing (IVSP), 2019. (EI) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3317640.3317649.
6. Shaofeng Zeng, Li Yujian, Zhaoying Liu and Edna C. Too, Learning graph matching, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on E-Education, E-Business, E-Management and E-Learning (IC4E),2018.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3183586.3183608.
7. Sam Njuki, Jianbiao Zhang, Edna C. Too, Rimiru Richard, “An Evaluation on Securing Cloud Systems based on Cryptographic Key Algorithms” Proceedings of the 2018 2nd International Conference on Algorithms, Computing and Systems,2018. (EI).
Artificial Intelligence: Machine learning, deep learning, Image classification/processing