Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Department of Biologicial Sciences
1. Member of Biochemistry and Biotechnology Professional Society of Kenya
2. Member of International Parasitic Plant Society (IPPS)
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Currently: Lecturer, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology,Chuka University.
2018 to 2019: Lecturer at School of Pure and Applied Sciences, Mount Kenya University.
2013 to 2017: Research assistant, Plant Transformation Laboratory, Kenyatta University.
2013 to 2016: Visiting Scientist (3-6 months every year), Animal and Plant Sciences Department, University of Sheffield.
2012: Molecular Lab Technician, World Agroforestry Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
2009-2011: Research Assistant/Laboratory Manager, Plant Transformation Laboratory, Kenyatta University.
2017: Doctor of Philosophy (Biotechnology), Kenyatta University
2012: Master of Science (Biotechnology), Kenyatta University
2007: Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology), Kenyatta University
2000: K.C.S.E, Jamhuri High School, Nairobi.
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology, Chuka University.
Lecturer at School of Pure and Applied Sciences, Mount Kenya University.
1. Masters Scholarship, Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in East and Central Africa
2. Doctoral scholarship, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC).
1. Waweru Duncan, Kuria Eric, Bradley James, Scholes Julie, Runo Steven (2019). Tissue culture protocols for the obligate parasitic plant Striga hermonthica and implications for host‐parasite co‐ cultivation. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 138(1):1-10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11240-019- 01621-7
2. Runo Steven, and Eric Kuria. 2018. “Habits of a Highly Successful Cereal Killer, Striga.” PLOS Pathogens 14(1). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.ppat.1006731
3. Mbuvi Dorothy, Clet Masiga, Eric Kuria, Joel Masanga, Mark Wamalwa, Abdallah Mohamed, Damaris Odeny, Nada Hamza, Michael P Timko, and Steven Maina Runo (2017). Novel Sources of Witchweed (Striga) Resistance from Wild Sorghum Accessions. Frontiers in Plant Science, 8 (February), 116.
4. Clet Masiga, Charles Mugoya, Rasha Ali, et al., (2014). Enhanced Utilization of Biotechnology Research and Development Innovations in Eastern and Central Africa for Agro-ecological Intensification. ‘Challenges and Opportunities for Agricultural Intensification of the Humid Highland Systems of SubSaharan Africa’ Editors: Bernard Vanlauwe, Piet van Asten, Guy Blomme. ISBN: 978-3-319-07661-4(Print) 978-3-319-07662-1 (Online).
5. Rasha Adam Omer, Jonathan M. Matheka, Steven Runo, Abdelbagi M. Ali, Eric Kuria, Clet Masiga, Charles Mugoya and Jesse Machuka (2012). Effects of Auxin and Source of Explants on Callus Induction of Tropical Maize, Biotechnology, 11: 225-231.