Faculty of Education and Resources Development
Department of Education
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
1 year: Senior Lecturer
7 years: Lecturer
4 years: Assistant Lecturer
1 year: Senior Administrative Assistant
4 years: Teaching Assistant
2017-present: Member of AMERU professionals, representing Meru South District
2008-present: A National Organizer of the National Kenya Science & Engineering Fair and a Mathematics Judge in the Ministry of Education, State Department of Basic Education.
2012-present: Elected Chair of the supervisory committee of the Chuka University College Sacco.
2016-present: Chair, BOM, Gacuuri Primary School.
2016-present: BOM member, Ikuu Special Primary School
2014-Present: Elder of the Ameru Supreme Council of Elders, Njuri Nceke.
2014-Present: BOM member, Kambandi Secondary School.
2012-present: BOM member, Rubate Secondary School.
Ph.D. in Educational Management, Chuka University.
Master of Educational Management, Egerton University
Bachelor of Education (Science), Egerton University (Upper division).
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
3 Years: Impact of TPAD on Secondary Schools Teachers Service Delivery in Kenya
1. Elias E.M, (2017). Influence of Performance Contracting on Customer Satisfaction in Public Universities in Public Universities, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice, Vol.8, No.21
2. Elias E.M, (2017). Influence of Performance Contracting on Efficiency of Service Delivery in Public Universities, Kenya. Journal of Research on Humanities and Social sciences
3. Elias E.M, (2017). Influence of Performance Contracting on Conflict Resolution in Public Universities, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 9, No.22
4. Murungi J.M, Muthaa G.M, Micheni L., Elias E.M, (2014). Strategies for Improving Parental Involvement in Acquisition of Literacy Skills among Pupils I Primary Schools in Akithi Division, Tigania West District, Kenya. Journal Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2, 250-255. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jss.2014.24026.
5. Naomi K.K, Elias E.M, Martha W.M, Mulati J, (2013).The Impact of Samburu Culture on the Development of Western Education in Samburu Community during The Colonial Period in Kenya. Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 3. No.21.
6. Karanja S.N, Komen K. Kathuri N.M, Elias E.M, (2013). Rethinking the Street Children Phenomena: An Evaluation of Losses Gains and Anticipation, the case of Nakuru Municipality, Kenya. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, Vol.3, No.1.
7. Muriungi J.K, Muthaa G.M, Micheni L.S, Elias E.M, (2013). Enrollment and Retention of Students in German Language Classes: Influencing School Based Factors in Meru and Tharaka Nithi Counties, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 4, No.22
8. G.M Muthaa, M. M. M’Muyuri, D.Bururia, Elias E.M, (2013). Drop Out among Male Pupils in Primary Schools of Igembe District, Kenya. Journal of Creative Education, Vol.4, No.3
9. Muthaa G.M, Andaje Mwisukha, Mbugua Z.K, Elias E.M, (2013). Investigation of Self-Perception of Players in Sports in Meru Technical Training Institute in Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 4, No.15
10. Elias E.M, Nyaga G, Muthaa G.M, Reche G. (2013). Factors Contributing to Students Poor Performance in Mathematics in Public Secondary Schools in Tharaka South District, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 4, No.7
Educational Management: Quality, Access and Relevance of Education