Senior Lecturer / Dean, Faculty of Business Studies
Faculty of Business Studies
Department of Business Administration
FIED OF SPECIALIZATION
Entrepreneurship, Small/ Family Business Management, and Marketing
2019- date: Dean, Faculty of Business Studies
2016- date: Senior Lecturer at Chuka University in Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Business Management
10 years in Corporate with exposure in the field of Sales, Marketing, Management and Customer Relations.
6 years in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Consultancy.
10 years teaching experience at the University in Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Business Management.
2017-2019: Board Member of Research, Extension and Publications
2017-2019: Faculty of Business Senate Representative
2009-2012: Lecturer Kenya Methodist University-Nakuru Campus
2007-2009: Part-Time Teaching, Kenya Institute of Management, University of Nairobi, and United States International University.
1998-2006: Business Management Consultancy, Intermediate Technology Development Group (ITDG-E. A), Kenya Association of Micro and Small-Scale Food Processors. (KAMSSFP), Manufacturers Marketing Representative for Consumer Goods.
1995 – 1997: Regional Sales Manager. -Mastermind Tobacco Co. Ltd
1991 – 1994: Marketing Superintendent, Unga Group Ltd, Deputy to Marketing Manager, Unga Maize Millers
April 1983 – Jan 1991: Kenya Cooperative Creameries Ltd (KCC), Sales Supervisor and Depot Manager
Member of Kenya Institute of Management (MKIM)
Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa (DAEA)
Member of North Maara Community Development and Mwimbi Professionals
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
Masters of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Kenyatta University
Bachelor of Commerce in Business Administration/Marketing, University of Nairobi
Advanced Certificate of Education (A-Level), Kangaru High School, Embu
Ordinary Certificate of Education (O-Level), Tharaka High School
Certificate of Primary Education, Kithitu Primary School
KEY RESEARCH PROJECT
Family Business Characteristics and Performance of Small and Medium sized owned Family Enterprises in Nairobi County
1. Miriti, G.M.& Kimani, M.W. (2019). Assessment of Prisons Rehabilitation Programs on Behaviour Reformation of Offenders in Kenya. International Journal of Science Arts and Commerce, htt://www.ijsac.net/ Vol.4 No.12, 2019
2. Sietinei, C. K, Masinde,J., & Miriti, G.M. (2019).Effect of working Capital Mangaement on Financial Performance of Deposit taking Saccos in Kenya. Environmental Sustainability Advancement Research, ISSN.2409-966X
3. Nderi, D.W., Miriti, G.M., & Munoru E. (2019) Relationship of Entrepreneurial Orientation, Marketing mix strategy and Growth of Jua Kali Enterprises in Meru County, Kenya. Environmental Sustainability Advancement Research, ISSN.2409-966X
4. Mirit, G.M. (2019). Entrepreneurial Orientation and the Performance of Youth Owned funded SMEs in Chuka Town, Tharaka-Nithi County, Kenya. Environmental Sustainability Advancement Research, ISSN.2409-966X
5. Mugambi, M.M. & Miriti, G.M., (2019). Nurturing Industrial Economy through Enterprise Education. International Research Conference University of Dodoma, Tanzania
6. Miriti, G.M (20017). Influence of Entrepreneurial Orientation on Performance of Family owned Small and Medium Food and Beverage Manufacturing Enterprises in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Management Invention www.ijbmi.org\Vol.6 (2) February.2017\pp 53-63
7. Miriti, G.M (2017). Role of Innovation in Small and Medium Enterprises Performance: A Case of Maize Flour Mills in Meru South Districts, Kenya. International Journal Arts and commerce. (www.ijac.org.uk).
8. Miriti, G.M. (2017). Influence of corporate governance practices on performance of small and medium family owned food and beverage enterprise in Nairobi County, Kenya. Vol.6 Issue an International journal of science and entrepreneurship (IJSSE) (www.ijss.org).
9. Miriti, G.M. & Akwalu, P. (2015). Influence of Entrepreneurship Training on Performance of Youth Owned Small and Medium Enterprises in Maara Sub-County, Kenya. Journal of Environmental Sustainability Advancement Research Vol.1 2015 ISSN.2409-966X
Entrepreneurship/Small Business /Family Business and Youth
POSTGRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Effect of working Capital Management on Financial Performance of Deposit Taking SACCOS in Kenya.
2. Analysis of Prisons Rehabilitation Programs on Behaviour Reformation of Offenders in Kenya: A case study of Kisumu main Prison
3. Analysis of factors affecting the Implementation of Competitive Strategies in the Sugar Industry in Kenya: A survey of state owned sugar companies.
4. An Assessment of factors influencing customer growth in the service sector: A case of Retail Service Sector in Kisii Town, Kenya
5. An Investigation of factors affecting Service Delivery at Rift Valley Water Services Board in Baringo County, Kenya
6. An Assessment of factors affecting Utilization of the constituency industrial development centers in Kenya