FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
2015 – Date: Lecturer, Department of Education, Chuka University
2012 – 2015: Senior Administrative Assistant, Chuka University
2010 – 2012: Principal, Ntuene Secondary School
1998 – 2010 Principal, Antubetwe Kiongo Secondary School
Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology Chuka University
M.Ed. in Guidance and Counseling Egerton University
Diploma in Education Management (KEMI)
1. Kiambati, H.M & Kamoyo, J.M. (2019). Effectiveness of Primary Preventive Counseling in Controlling Problem Behaviors of Students in Secondary School of Igembe South Sub-County Meru County Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge, Vol. 4, No. 2
2. Mburugu, B.M & Kamoyo, J.M. (2019). Career Advancement as a Coping Mechanism of Widowers and Widows in Meru County, Kenya. International Journal of Contemporary Applied Researchers Vol 6 No.1
3. Kamoyo, J.M (2018). Relationship between Church-Based Cultural Programmes and Male Initiates’ Attitude towards Responsible Adulthood in Meru County, Kenya International Journal of Arts and Commerce, Vol. 7, No.10.
4. Kamoyo, J.M (2018). Effects of Imprisonment on Self- Esteem among Female Inmates in Selected Prisons in Kenya. European Scientific Journal, Vol.14, 17
5. Kamoyo, J.M (2018). Influence of Church Based Circumcision Behavior Change Programmes on Male Initiates’ Attitude towards Responsible Adulthood in Meru County, Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge, Vol 3, No. 1.
6. Kamoyo, J.M & Nyaga, V.K. (2018). Influence of Church Based Education Circumcision Programmes on Male Initiates’ Attitude towards Responsible Adulthood: A Case of Meru County, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research, Vol. 6 No.8
7. Kamoyo, J. M. Barchok, H.K. Mburugu, B.M, & Nyaga, V.K. (2015). Effects of Imprisonment on Depression among Female Inmates in Selected Prisons in Kenya. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences Vol 5, No 16.
8. Kamoyo, J. M. Nyaga, V.K. Barchok, H.K. Mburugu, B.M. (2015). Effects of Imprisonment on Interpersonal Relationships among Female Inmates in Selected Prisons in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research, Vol 3, No. 7.
9. Kamoyo, J. M, & Mukuthuria, M. (2013). The Role of Guidance and Counseling in Maintenance of Students Discipline (ISBN: 978-659-19470-2), Academic Publishing
10. Nyaga, V. K, Oundo, M. B. Kamoyo, J.K. (2013). Teachers’ perception of students’ Mathematics Guidance and Counseling: A case of secondary schools in Maara District, Kenya. Mathematical Theory and Modeling Vol 3 No. 14
POST GRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Psychosocial Effects of Retirement and Coping Mechanisms among Retiree Teachers in Meru Kenya
2. Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Pastoral Performance among the Clergy in Presbyterian Churches in Kenya
3. Relationship between Parental Involvement in Education and Academic Performance in KCSE in Public Day Secondary School In Igembe South Sub-County Meru, Kenya.
4. Effectiveness of Preventive Counseling in Controlling the Students Problem Behavior in Public Secondary Schools in Igembe South Sub-County, Kenya.
5. Influence of Orphan-hood on Self-Esteem and Academic Performance of Orphaned Pupils in Public Primary Schools in Kilifi North Sub-County, Kenya.
6. Influence of The Kipsigis Traditional Circumcision on School Completion Among Boys in Public Primary Schools in Trans Mara East Sub-County Narok County, Kenya
7. Role of Guidance and Counseling among Community Correction Offenders in Probation Stations Within Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya
8. Relationship of Peer Counseling and Awareness of Drug Abuse among Secondary School Students in Embu West Sub-County, Kenya