Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
Department of Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Education & Extension
May, 2005 to May 2014 – Senior Lecture, Teaching in the Department of Agricultural Engineering.
Nov. 2002-May, 2005 – Lecture, Agricultural Engineering, Egerton University
Jan. 1986-Nov. 2002 – Assistant Lecturer, Agricultural Engineering, Egerton University
2001 – Research Supervisor, Design and construction of hand-pushed fertilizer/seed broadcaster, Egerton
Jan – Nov. 1999 – Research Supervisor -. Alleviation of subsoil-compaction by a subsoiler and Biogas production -Egerton University.
1994-1995 – Male Students Hall Warden: Nyeri, Nyahururu, Narok, Siaya and Kakamega, Egerton University
August 1992-Sept. 1996 – Examinations Officer, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Egerton University
August 1991-Nov. 1995 -Patron – Student’s Christian Union, Egerton University
Nov. 1990 – Teaching and demonstrating the combine harvester machine during a seminar sponsored by Kenya Breweries Limited, Egerton University
March/April, 1996 -Taught on Farm Power and Machinery, Operation, Costing and Maintenance a course sponsored by FAO for participants from the Ministries of Agriculture in African English speaking countries.
Sep. 1984-Sept. 1996 –Assistant Lecturer Department of Agricultural Engineering
Jan. 1982-Aug.1982 -Demonstrator in Egerton University, Department of Agricultural Engineering
June, 1979-Jan. 1982 – Kenya Farmers Association –Nakuru Branch
Member of Kenya Society of Agricultural Engineers
Associate Member of the Institution of Agricultural Engineers, United Kingdom
Member of Conservation Tillage Initiative Group in Kenya
Member of the Kenya Anglican Men Association (KAMA). A Church Organization. Chairman of the
Association in the parish, Menengai Parish, Nakuru.
1958-1961 – Kathuguri Primary School, Embu
1962-1964 – Kegonge Intermediate School, Embu
1965-1970 – Kangaru High School, Embu
1971-1973 – Diploma course in Agricultural Engineering
Nov. 1975 – Oct 1976Diploma course in Farm Power and machinery (Repairs, maintenance and costing) –
Egerton College –Njoro, Kenya –
Aug. 1982 –Aug 1984Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering, Witzenhaussen University for Tropical
Agriculture, Germany. –
Oct. 1996-Oct. 1997Master of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Mississippi State University, USA.
May, 2006 PhD Studies – Cranfield University, United Kingdom –
August, 2008 PhD studies – Jomo Kenyatta of Agriculture and Technology to Egerton University
Aug. 2008 to 2012 PhD studies and teaching – Egerton University –-
September 2015 to date – PhD studies at Kenyatta University – Kenyatta University
1. July, 1997 – Attended a seminar on Precision Farming at Silsoe College, United Kingdom
2. Sept. 2000 – Attended workshop on Conversation Tillage at Machakos town organized by the Ministry of
Agriculture and Kenya Agricultural Research Institute
3. July 23rd – 24, 2001 – Attended a Workshop on student academic advising held at Egerton University
4. July 25th – 27th Nov. 2001 – Participated in a University Teaching Methods course at Egerton University
5. Jan. 20th -24th, 2002 -Participated in a workshop held at Egerton University on Dryland farming
6. Oct. 2008 – Attended a workshop on Research Proposal Writing at Egerton University-Njoro
7. February, 2009 – Attended a workshop on University Teaching Methods at Egerton University, Njoro
8. February 22nd – 23rd 2012 – Attended a workshop on Research Proposal Writing at Egerton University
1. Detrimental effects of machinery induced compaction on Agricultural soils and crop production.
2. Effects of pressure on chemical drift, droplet size and the subsequent environment contamination.
3. Designed and constructed an electric lawn mower in 2003 (An innovation)
4. Currently designing and constructing a hand pushed fertilizers/seed broadcasters (An innovation).