Faculty: Humanities and Social sciences
FIELD OF SPECIALISATION
September 2019 to Present: Lecturer, Chuka University, Kenya
Teacher – Chuka Boys High School -Jan. 2018 to Aug. 2019
Deputy Principal: Ikuu Girls High School- 2014 to 2018
HOD Guidance & Counselling: Ikuu Girls High School: 2010 to 2014
HOD CRE: Ikuu Girls High School: 2007 to 2012
Teacher – Tala High School: 1991- 1994
Set Meru South District Joint Evaluation Tests (CRE): Ikuu Girls High School: 2008 to 2018
Member of School Academic Committee: Ikuu Girls High School: 2010 to 2018
PhD Religious Studies -Chuka University
M.A. Religious Studies -Chuka University
Post Graduate Diploma in Education -Kenyatta University
Bachelor of Arts [Religion and Sociology] -Kenyatta University
1) Mathai, L.M. 2018. Biblical, Pastoral and Theological Justification of the Church Involvement in Addressing the Problem of Alcohol and Drug Abuse among the Youth in the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, ISSN 2347-5374.
2) Mathai, L.M. 2018. Assessment of Pastors’ Effectiveness in Counselling Alcohol and Drug Addicts in Presbyterian Churches in Tharaka-Nithi County, Kenya. Scholars J Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
3) Mathai, L.M., Nkonge D.K, Bururia D.N, 2018. Effectiveness of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Mitigation Programmes among the Youth in the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. Scholars Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, ISSN 2347-5374.
4) Mathai, L.M., Bururia D.N, Nkonge D.K, 2018. Persistence of Alcohol and drug abuse among the Youth in the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. Published by Scholars J Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
5) Nkonge D.K, Mathai, L.M., 2017. Effectiveness of Religious Initiated Programmes in curbing HIV/AIDS Pandemic in Kenya: Some Selected Programmes in Meru South sub-County. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Analysis. 1 (2): /www.ijmra.in.2017.104- 113.
1) Mukundi, S.M., Mathai, L.M., 2017. The Enemy Within-Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Kenya ISBN: 978-9966-100-79-5.
2) Mukundi, S.M., Mathai, L.M., 2017. The Peculiar Family. ISBN: 978-9966-107-94.
Religious programmes aimed at solving current societal problems including alcohol and drug abuse.
POST GRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Impact of alcohol and drug abuse on students’ Christian morality in public secondary schools in Mutuati division, Igembe north, Meru.
2. Contribution of Methodist Church in promoting girl child education in Imenti North, Meru.