Faculty: Science, Engineering and Technology
Department: Physical Sciences
June 2016 to date: Lecturer: Department of Physical Sciences: Chuka University: Kenya
2012 to June 2016: Assistant Lecturer: Department of Physical Sciences: Chuka University.
2001 to 2008: Course Tutor K.C.S.E (Mathematics and Business Studies)
Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics (Biomathematics)
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics (Biomathematics)
B.Ed. (Mathematics and Economics)
1. Ann N. Ncabani, Mark O. Okongo & Gladys Njoroge (2019), Stability analysis of A Mathematical Model for Awareness Initiatives on Registration of Persons in Kenya, International Journal of Applied Mathematics Research – Accepted on 23rd August, 2019.
2. Mark O. Okongo, (2019), The Impact of HIV/AIDS Treatment and Counseling on the Prevalence of Tuberculosis and Malaria Co Infections, Applied Mathematical Sciences – Accepted for publication on 23rd , April, 2019.
3. Mark O. Okongo, (2019), Modeling the role of treatment and counseling in an HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis sub model, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, – Accepted for publication on 16th February 2019.
4. Rachel, A. Nyanginja, George O. Lawi, Mark O. Okongo & Titus O. Orwa, (2019), Stability Analysis of Rotavirus-Malaria Co-epidemic Model with Vaccination, Dynamic Systems and Applications. – Vol. 28(2).pp 371 -407.
5. Mark O. Okongo, (2019), Analysis of Treatment and Counseling in an HIV/AIDS Malaria Co infection Model using the Reproduction Number, Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics, 2395-0218: Vol. 15(1). pp 2452-2462.
6. M.O. Okongo, (2019), Backward Bifurcation and the Endemic Equilibrium for an HIV/AIDS – Tuberculosis Co-infection Model. Mathematical Theory and Modelling , Vol.9, No.4. pp 43 – 50
7. M. O. Okongo, (2019). Modeling HIV/AIDS Co Infection with Malaria and Tuberculosis: The role of treatment and counseling, International Journal of Applied Mathematics Research, Vol. 8 (1) :pp 1-11
8. Kirimi Jacob, Mark O. Okongo, Musundi S.Wabomba, Ochieng Ombaka. (2019), Effects of hall current, rotation and inclined magnetic field on a fluid flowing over porous parallel vertical plates with heat and mass transfer, JESAR (Chuka University ), Vol.5(1) pp 2215-2239.
9. Kirimi Jacob, Mark O. Okongo, Musundi S.Wabomba, Ochieng Ombaka. (2019), Combined Effects of Hall Current, Rotation and Inclined Magnetic Field on a Free Convection Fluid Flow over an Exponentially Accelerated Vertical Plate with Heat and Mass Transfer , Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science Studies (JMESS), 2458-925X :Vol. 5 (5). Pp 2600 – 2607.
10. Jimrise Ochwach, Sammy Musundi, Mark O. Okongo, (2018). Stability Analysis of The Modified Advection-Dispersion Model For Nitrate Leaching Into Groundwater. Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics, Vol. 14(2), pp 2333 – 2339.
11. Jimrise Ochwach, Mark O. Okongo, Sammy Musundi, (2018). Modeling the Impact of Soil Porosity on Nitrate Leaching To Groundwater Using the Advection Dispersion Equation IOSR Journal of Mathematics, Vol 14(4) Ver. 2:18-26.
12. M. O. Okongo, (2015), The local and global stability of the disease-free equilibrium in a co infection model of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and malaria, IOSR Journal of Mathematics Vol. 11(6) Ver. IV: 1-13.
13. M. O. Okongo and Ochieng Ombaka, (2015). The role of treatment and counseling in an HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis model: An analysis of HIV/AIDS and Malaria, IOSR Journal of Mathematics – 11(6)3:50-64.
14. M.O. Okongo, Gichohi P. Nderitu and James M. Mugambi, (2014). Hall current effects on a flow in a variable magnetic field past an infinite vertical, porous flat plate. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences. (9):96 – 113.
15. M. O. Okongo, J. Kirimi, A.L. Murwayi and D.K. Muriithi, (2013). Mathematical Analysis of a Comprehensive HIV AIDS Model: Treatment versus Vaccination, Applied Mathematical Sciences, 7(54):2687-2707.
16. D. K.Muriithi, G. G. Njoroge, M.O. Okongo and E. Njoroge, (2013). Classification of Higher Education Loans using Multinomial Logistic Regression Model, Scientific Advances Publishers.Vol. (22): 1 – 17.
17. N. B. Okelo, M. O Okongo and S. A Nyakiti, (2010). On projective Tensor Norm and Norm – Attainable α – Derivations. International Journal of Contemporary Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 5(40): pp 1969 – 1975.
POST GRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Combined effects of hall currents, rotation and inclined magnetic field on a free convection fluid flow with heat and mass transfer.
2. Mathematical Modeling of host pest interactions in the presence of pheromone and sterile insects: The case of false codling Moth, Thaumatobia leucotreta.
3.Modeling the leaching of Nitrate to ground water using the Advection Dispersion Equation.
4.A Mathematical model of public sensitization initiatives: Registration of persons in Kenya
5.Modeling the role of unemployment in the transmission dynamics of HIV/AIDS among women in sub Saharan Africa.
6.Modeling the dispersion of air pollutants in the atmospheric boundary layer using a two dimensional advection diffusion equation
7.Mathematical modeling of alcohol drinking in central Kenya.
8.Effects of Hall current and variable viscosity on hydro magnetic free convection unsteady flow of a fluid past a vertical plate.
9.Mathematical modeling for control of fungal diseases on infected susceptible host crops.