FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Plant Pathology (Fungal Plant Pathogens)
2016 to Date: Chuka University: Senior Laboratory Technologist (Botany)
Aug. 2015 – Jan 2016 : University of Embu: Laboratory Technician (Botany)
Jan. 2015 – Sept. 2016 : Finlay’s Horticulture Limited (Kenya): Lab. technologist
Apr. 2011 – Dec. 2014 : Technical University of Kenya: Laboratory Technician
Mar. 2009 – 2011 Feb. : National Museum of Kenya: Laboratory technologist
Ph.D. in Botany (Plant Pathology) – Chuka University, Department of Biological Sciences: Ongoing
Master of Science in Botany (Plant Pathology) – Chuka University
Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology – Technical University of Kenya
Higher National Diploma in Applied Biology – Eldoret National Polytechnic
Diploma in Applied Biology – Kenya Polytechnic University College
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – Sigomere High School
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Cultural, Morphological Characterization and incidence of Exserohilum turcicum (Pass.) Leo. and Suggs
Causing Sorghum Leaf Blight and the Effect of Temperature and Media on its Pathogenicity’ in Tharaka
Nithi County, Kenya.
2. Effect of forest Segmentation on Wild rodent Endoparasite and Exoparasite load. Case Study of Kirimiri
1. Onyango O. Benson and Ogolla O. Fredrick (2019). Assessment of Rhizobia Strains Isolates of Soils
around Lake Victoria Basin for their Effectiveness in Nodulation and Symbiotic Efficiency on Soybeans
and Bambara Groundnuts. International Journal of Environment, Agriculture and Biotechnology
(ISSN:2456-1878). 4(5), 1469- 1481. doi:10.22161/ijeab.45.29.
2. Mulambula, S., Gathungu, G. K., Ndukhu, H. and Ogolla, F.O (2019). Integrated Effect of Rhizobium
Inoculation and Phosphorus Application on Tissue Content, Symbiotic and Phosphorus use Efficiency in
Soybean Production. International Journal of Environment, Agriculture and Biotechnology, 4(5), 1462-
3. Ogolla, Fredrick O., Omondi, C., and Odhiambo, C. (2019). Assessment of Wild Rodents Endoparasites
In Kirimiri Forest In Embu County, Kenya. International Journal of Advanced Research and
Publications, 3(5), 14-22.
4. Neema, Daisy B., and Ogolla Fredrick O. (2019). Incidence and Severity of Solanum
lycopersicumBacterial leaf spot Caused by Xanthomonad species in Farms in Wanguru, Mwea, Kirinyaga
County, Kenya. Iconi Research and Engineering Journals, 2(10), 127-134.
5. Ogolla, Fredrick. O., and Neema, Daisy B., (2019). Cultural, Morphological and Biochemical
Identification of Xanthomonas Spp the Causative Agent of Bacteria Leaf Spot in Tomatoes in Wanguru,
Mwea, Kirinyaga County, Kenya. International Journal of Research and Innovation in Applied Science,
6. Mulambula, S., Gathungu, G. K., Ndukhu, H., and Ogolla, F.O. (2019). Effect of Intergrated Application
of Rhizobium and Phosphatic Fertilizer on Growth, Nodulation and Yield of Soyabean in Meru South,
Kenya. J. Env. Sust. Adv. Res., 5, 11-19.
Chuka University Academic Staff Database © 2020 Page 346 of 460
7. Ogolla, Fredrick O., Moses M. Muraya, and Benson O. Onyango. 2019. Incidence and Severity of
Turcicum Leaf Blight Caused by Exserohilum turcicum (pass.) Leonard and Suggs) on Sorghum
Populations in Different Regions of Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya. Journal of Scientific and Engineering
Research 6 (1): 104-111.
8. Ogolla, Fredrick O., Moses M. Muraya, and Benson O. Onyango. 2019. Variation in Temperature and
Nutrient Source Influence the Growth of Exserohilum turcicum. Journal of Scientific and Engineering
Research 6 (2): 93-99.
9. Ogolla, Fredrick O., Benson O. Onyango, Moses M. Muraya, and Sioma Mulambula. 2018.
“Morphological Characterization of Sorghum E. turcicum Isolate from Different Areas of Tharaka Nithi
County, Kenya.” Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 5 (12): 218-226.
Study on fungal pathogen genomics variability and response to control strategies.
Study on Biological Control Agents (BCAs) isolates of varied niches and long term use in management of
fungal diseases of economically significant crops.
Fungal plant pathogen interaction.