FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Lecturer – Agricultural Extension
2014 to date: Examinations Officer, Department of AGEC/AGBM/AGED (Chuka University)
2012 to date: Lecturer at Chuka University
Setter/ Moderator, Kenya National Examination Council
2010 – 2012: Assistant Lecturer Chuka University College
2002 – 2010: High School Teacher
Ph.D. Ongoing at Chuka University
Master of Science in Agricultural Extension (Egerton University)
B. Sc. In Agricultural Education and Extension
Participatory Rural Appraisal -PRA (Egerton University)
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
Undertaking PhD in Agricultural Extension at Chuka University. Topic: Effects of Agricultural Innovations on Smallholder Cane Farmers Practices in Western Kenya.
2013-2014: Participated in research entitled ‘Integrated Sorghum and Livestock Production Technologies for Adaptation to Climate Change in Eastern and Southern Kenya. Currently analyzing the data.
1. Mbinya, & Abura, G. O. (2019). Assessment of Factors Affecting Growth of Indigenous Poultry Value Chain in Kathiani Sub-County, Machakos County. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science, 12, Issue 9 Ser. I:10-17
2. Usagi, M. B., & Abura, G. O. (2017). Determination of Tuberculosis Prevalence by Gender and Antimicrobial Resistance Profiles of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex Isolates from HIV Positive Patients in Kisumu County, Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development 6(9):81-86.
3. 2016, July: Isolation, Identification and Determination of the Prevalence Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex among People Living with HIV in Kisumu County, Kenya. Science Journal of Public Health 4(4): pp 359-365
4. 2016, June: Current Status of Fodder Production, Marketing and Conservation in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands of Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya, African Journal of Agricultural Research. 11(26):2337-2347
5. 2014, December: Socio-Economic Effects of M-pesa Adoption on the Livelihoods of People in Bureti Sub- County, Kenya. International Journal of Academic Research in Bussiness and Social Sciences, Vol 4, No 12.
6. 2014, June: The Effect of Sleep Quantity on Performance of Student’s in Public Universities, Kenya. Merit Journal of Education Review, Vol 2 (6) Pg. 113-118
7. 2013, December: Technical Knowledge and Information Gaps among Smallholder Farmers in the Production of Sugarcane in Kakamega County, Kenya. Published in IJASRT, 3(4)
8. 2013, November: Agriculture Teachers Perception of Secondary School Agriculture: A Case of Meru Central District, Kenya. African Journal of Basic and Applied Science
9. 2013, November: Students Perception of Secondary school Agriculture: A Case of Meru Central District, Kenya. Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2(4):129 – 134.
10. 2013, August: Effects of Discovery Method on Secondary Students Achievement in Physics in Kenya. Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. Vol. 2 Number 3.
11. 2013 (Summer): Needs Assessment for Effective University Outreach Programmes to the Neighboring Community: Chuka University Kenya. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 20(2):192-194.
12. 2012, September: Effectiveness of Extension Services in Enhancing Outgrowers’ credit System: A Case of Smallholder Sugarcane farmers in Kisumu County, Kenya. International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD).
13. 2012, June: Effect of collaborative concept mapping teaching strategy on students’ achievement in chemistry in selected secondary schools in Kenya. Global Journal of Management Science and Technology (GJMST).
Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Development and Innovations uptake.