Assistant Lecturer/Coordinator of Information Science Studies
Faculty: Humanities and Social sciences
Department: Social Sciences
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
2016 to date: Head of Section, Information Sciences and Assistant Lecturer, Chuka University
2006 to 2016: Head of Department Information studies, Kenya Technical Teachers College (KTTC)
2010 to 2015: Lecturer at Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
2014 to 2015: Part-time lecturer at Laikipia University (LU)
2012-2104: Part-time lecturer at Inoorero University
2009-2010: Chief Examiner for SNE at Diploma level with KNEC
2008 to 2010: Setting Diploma KNEC Examinations for Special Needs Education (SNE)
2007 to 2010: Patron Journalism Club (revived college Magazine which has remained a success to date)
Teaching Practice Coordinator Coast Zone
2003 to 2006: Deputy Head of Department, Library Services (KTTC)
2003 to 2006: Deputy Head of Department, Information Studies Department- teaching (KTTC).
1991-1999: Head of Technical Section and Teacher of Biology and Agriculture at Njonjo Girls High School, Nyahururu
PhD in Information Sciences, University of Zululand, South Africa (on-going)
Master of Library and Information Science
B.Ed. in Library Science and Special Education
Dip. in Education (Biology and Agriculture)
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. 2011 Challenges of Utilization of Electronic Information Resources and Services in Kenyan Academic Libraries (a project for MLIS).
2. 2017 Problems Experienced by Users of Internet and Integrated Library Systems in Kenyan Academic Libraries
3. 2018 Types and Use of Electronic Information Resources and Services (EIRS) Provided by the Kenyan Academic Libraries
4. 2018 Information-Seeking Behaviours of Undergraduate Students: The Case of Chuka University
5. 2019 Information Literacy Skills of Secondary School Students: A Literature Review
1. 2018 Published a paper entitled “Types and Use of Electronic Information Resources and Services (EIRS) provided by the Kenyan Academic Libraries” in an online journal called “Elixir International Journal’, available online at www.elixirpublishers.com (John Mwaura Ireri / Elixir Library Sci. 124 (2018) 52237-52243). ISSN: 2229-712K.
2. 2017 Published a book entitled: “Challenges of Electronic Resources in academic libraries in Kenya’’ by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-330-33271-3
3. 2017 Published a paper entitled: “Problems Experienced by Users of Internet and Integrated Library Systems in Kenyan Academic Libraries” in Maktaba- Kenya Library Association (KLA) Journal
Information literacy by secondary students, Status of knowledge management in Kenya, metamorphosis of traditional libraries to modern libraries.