Faculty: Business Studies
Department: Management Science
Nov 2010 to Date: Lecturer- Department of Business Administration, Chuka University. Teaching Courses: Finance, Accounting and Business Statistics.
2009 to 2010: Part-time Tutor, Masinde Muliro University
2008 to 2010: Lecturer-Sigalagala National Polytechnic.
2007 to 2017: Part-time Tutor, Management University of Africa
2006 to 2008: Part-time Tutor, KCA University-Kisumu Campus
1997-2006: Graduate Teacher I, Teachers Service Commission
2014-2019: Appointment to University Annual Surveys committee.
February 2014: Appointment to Committee for Research for Development (R4D).
September 2019: Member of Committee for SGBV policy, Chuka University.
August 2014: Member Organizing Committee on the 1st chuka University International Science Conference.
2011-2017: Faculty Representative to the Board of Post Graduate Studies and Research
2011-2017: Coordinator of Postgraduate Programmes in the faculty
Mentoring Young Scholars, Advancement of academic research opportunities and activities, Publication and Sharing of Knowledge, Passion for Excellence and devotion to duty, Evidence based decision making, Result oriented, Self-discipline, Adaptability to Change and Fear for God.
Associate Member-Kenya Institute of Management
2011 to Date: Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (Finance Option), JKUAT. Thesis Title: Fama-French Five Factor Premia, Investor Sentiment and Variation in Crossection of Expected Stock Returns at the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
2006-2009: Master of Business Administration (Finance Option)-Maseno University. Thesis: Implication of Risk Management Practices on Financial Performance of Sugar Manufacturing Firms in Kenya
1993-1997: B.Ed (Accounting/Mathematics) (Hons), University of Nairobi
1988-1991: Chebwai Complex High School-KCSE
CPA Part II
March 2013: Internal Research Grant Award for Project: Effectiveness of Income Generating Units in Financing of Public Universities in Kenya (500,000/=)
May 2014: Consultancy for Management University of Africa on Curriculum review.
June 2011: Consultancy for MS ActionAid Denmark on Financial Information Management, Arusha
Galo, M.N., Momanyi, G., & Naibei, K.I. (2012). Implications of Risk Management Practices on Performance of Sugar Manufacturing Firms in Kenya. An International Journal of Arts and Humanities, Vol. 1 (1), February, 2012:14-29 www.afrrevjo.net/afrrevijah
Kathuni, L., & Galo, M.N. Call Centre Outsourcing Practices Adopted by Mobile Phone Companies in Kenya. An International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Vol. No.2, Issue No. 7 July 2012.
Haron, O. M., Simiyu, J. M., Galo, M.N., & Nelima, M.S. Effectiveness of Credit Management System on Loan Performance: Empirical Evidence from Micro Finance Sector in Kenya. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology Vol. 2 No. 6; October 2012
Thiga, P.N., Simiyu, J. M., Wagala, A., Galo, M.N., & Kinyua, L.K. Financial Planning Challenges Affecting Implementation of the Economic Stimulus Programme in Embu County, Kenya. An International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT and Management, Vol.No.2 Issue No.10 (October, 2012).
Kathuni, L., & Galo, M.N. Direct Sales Strategy Applied by Commercial Banks in Kenya; International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 2 No. 7; December, 2012.
Kangai, M.K., Galo, M.N., Wagala, A., & Kinyua, A.M. Market reaction to annual earnings announcements: Empirical evidence from NSE, Kenya. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, December, 2012.
Lwiki, T.K; Ojera, P.B; Galo, M.N., & Wachira, V. K. Impact of Inventory Management Practices on Financial Performance of Sugar Manufacturing Firms in Kenya: International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology; Vol.3 No.5; May 2013
Lenity, K. M; Mwirigi, R.; Maara, J.J & Galo, M.N. Determinants of Supply of Kenya’s Major Agricultural Crop Exports from 1963 to 2012. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology; Vol.3 No.5; May 2013
Mukaria, K.H; Galo, M.N., & Akenga, M.G. Effect of Leverage on Performance of Non-financial Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 132-139.
Akenga, M.G; Olang, A.M & Galo, M.N. Effect of Mortgage Market Risk on Mortgage Uptake: A Case Study of Mortgage Lenders in Kenya. Journal of Investment and Management. Vol. 4, No. 6, 2015, pp. 334-347.
Mogere, H.N., & Galo, M.N. Effect of Budgeting on Public Sector Wage Bill Management by the Government of Kenya. Journal of Finance and Accounting Vol. 4, No. 3, 2016, pp. 86-101.
Research, Music and Bible Study
POSTGRADUATE TOPICS SUPERVISED
1. Loan Portfolio Characteristics and Non-Performing Loans for SACCOs in Kirinyaga County-Kenya
2. Effect of Dividend Announcement on Share Price Changes for Companies Listed on The NSE
3. Investment appraisal and Financial Performance Relationship: A case of Firms Listed at Nairobi securities Exchange
4. Effect of Mortgage Market Risk on Mortgage Uptake: A Case of Mortgage Lenders in Kenya.
5. Effect of Individual Characteristics on Loan default among Micro-Finance women Borrowers-A case of KWFT in Kenya
6. Effect of Budgeting on Public Sector Wage Bill Management by Kenyan Government
7. Effects of Macroeconomic Variables on Financial Performance of Firms Listed at the Nairobi securities Exchange
8. Effectiveness of Credit Management System on Loan Performance among MFIs in Meru Town
9. Effectiveness of Monetary Policy Intervention on Exchange Rate Volatility
10. Effect of Cash Management Practices o Performance of Agency Banking Firms: A case of Commercial Bank Agency Firms in Imenti South sub-county, Kenya
11. Determinants of Unit Trust Funds’ Performance: A Comparative Study of Money Market and Equity Funds in Kenya
12. Effects of Macroeconomic Variables on Financial Performance of Firms Listed at the Nairobi securities Exchange Effect of Health Expenditure on Economic Growth in Kenya
13. Effects of Interest Rate on Domestic Private Investment in Kenya.
14. Effect of Corporate Restructuring on Shareholders’ Value of Firms listed at NSE.
15. Effect of Corporate Governance on Financial Distress of firms listed at the NSE, Kenya
16. Market reaction to Annual Earnings Announcements, Empirical Evidence from NSE