Dean/Associate Professor of Pure Mathematics
Faculty Of Science Engineering & Technology(FSET)
Department of Physical Sciences
Member of Mathematics and Computer Networking Society (MACNET), Kenya; (Sep 2010 – Date)
Member of Mathematical Association of Kenya (MAK) (2009 – Date)
Member of AMMSI (African Mathematics Millennium Science Initiative) (2006 – Date)
Member of Chuka University Committee on National Cohesion and National Values (Sep 2014 – Date)
Treasurer, FSET Welfare SHG, Chuka University- (2014-Date)
Member of Justice, Peace and Reconciliation Committee, Chuka Town PCEA Church (2016 – Date).
Member of Consistent Bible Reading (CBR) Fellowship, Chuka-(Nov 2018-Date)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
May, 2009-6th December, 2013: Masinde Muliro University of Science & Technology, Doctor of Philosophy
September, 2005- Dec. 2008: Maseno University, Master of Science (MSc.)
September, 1999 – March 2004: Maseno University: Bachelor of Education (Science); Second class (Upper)
February, 1998 – Nov., 1998: Muji Secondary School
January 1994 – Nov., 1997: Pan Paper High School KCSE
19th Dec., 2019 to Present: Associate Professor & Dean, Faculty of Science Engineering & Technology
17th December, 2013-2019: Chuka University, Senior Lecturer
22nd May, 2012 – 16th December 2013: Chuka University College, Lecturer
November, 2010 -21st May, 2012: Chuka University College, Assistant Lecturer
Jan, 2014- 26th Sep 2019: Chuka University, Examination officer, Department of Physical Sciences
November, 2010-16th December 2013, Chuka University, Coordinator, Mathematics section
April, 2008 – December, 2010: Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, Assistant tutor
September, 2007-October 2010: Bishop Sulumeti Girls High School, Graduate Teacher (TSC No. 453006)
May, 2004 – July 2005: Mandera Integrated Academy, BOG Teacher
September, 2003-December 2003: Pan Paper High School, Teacher on Practice
April, 2000 -December 2000 and May, 2001 –Dec 2001: Muji Secondary School, Guest teacher
Aug, 14th -31st 2009: Supervisor, National Census program, Webuye Division
19th Oct.-17th Nov 2008: Supervisor, KCSE Examination at SHAMTA Academy School, Kakamega
1. Monitoring and Modelling of Pollutants in municipal waste water and their remediation for reuse
2.An Integrated geophysical and lithogeochemical investigation of natural gas in Kipeto area,Kajiado County
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS/AWARDS
1. Modelling HIV/AIDS Co-Infection with Malaria and Tuberculosis in the Presence of Treatment and Counselling. (Nacosti) Research Grant
2. (On going): Norm Estimates for Norm Attainable Operators. -(Nacosti) Research Grant
3. Application of Banach Space Ideal Properties in Image Transmission Over Wireless Network International Center for Pure and Applied Mathematics (Cimpa) Grant
4. Application of Banach Space Ideal Properties in Computer Network Transmission – Chuka University College Staff Research Grant
5. On Norms of Ideals and their Properties in Banach Spaces-The National Council for Science and Technology (NCST) PhD Research Grant
RESEARCH WORK ARTICLES/PUBLICATIONS
Fancy Nyabate, Denis King’a ng’i a, Sammy W. Musundi, “On Classification of Permutations”, Under review, Asian Pacific Journal of Mathematics.
2 Mbatha M. Elizabeth, Musundi W. Sammy, Kamweru K. Paul, ” Correlation Between Electromagnetic Wave Equation and Einstein Theory of Relativity in Derivation of Schrödinger Equation and Hilbert Space Operators “, Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science Studies (JMESS)-6(3), 2020.
3. Priscah M. Ohuru, Sammy W. Musundi, “The Banach Numerical Range for Finite Linear Operators “, International Journal of Modern Mathematical Sciences (IJMMS), Florida, USA 18(1), 2020, 1-10.
4. Jacob Kirimi, Mark O. Okongo, Sammy Musundi, Ombaka C. Ochieng, “Combined Effects of Hall Current, Rotation and Inclined Magnetic Field on a Free Convection Fluid Flow over an Exponentially Accelerated Vertical Plate with Heat and Mass Transfer”, Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science Studies (JMESS)-5(5), 2019.
5. Priscah M. Ohuru, Sammy W. Musundi, Ombaka C. Ochieng, “On the Banach Space Numerical Range for a Linear Operator “, International Journal of Modern Mathematical Sciences (IJMMS), Florida, USA2019, 17(1), 40-48
6. Priscah M. Ohuru, Sammy W. Musundi, “The Banach Numerical Range for Finite Linear Operators “, Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Mathematical Archive.
7. Jimrise O. Ochwach, Mark O. Okongo, Sammy W. Musundi, “Stability Analysis of the Modified Advection-Dispersion Model for Nitrate Leaching into Groundwater”, Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics(JPRM)-14(2), 2018.
8. Kawira Esther, Denis N. King’ang’i, Sammy W. Musundi, “On The Norm of an Elementary Operator of Finite Length in A C*Algebra”, Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics (JPRM)-14(1), 2018 9. Peter G. Muiruri, Denis N. King’ang’i, Sammy W. Musundi, “On the Basic Elementary Operator in a Tensor Product”, International Journal of Scientific and Innovative Mathematical Research (IJSIMR)-6(6), 2018, 15-22.
10. Jimrise O. Ochwach, Mark O. Okongo, Sammy W. Musundi, “Modeling the Impact of Soil Porosity on Nitrate Leaching to Groundwater Using the Advection Dispersion Equation”, IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM) -14(4), 2018, 18-26.
11. J. N. Kinyanjui, N.B. Okello, O. Ongati & S. W. Musundi, “Characterization of Norm-Attainable Operators”, International Journal of Mathematical Archive-9(7), 2018, 124-129.
12. J. N. Kinyanjui, N.B. Okello, O. Ongati & S. W. Musundi, “Norm Estimates for Norm-attainable Elementary Operators”, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, 12(3)137-144, 2018.
13. Eric M. Gitonga, Sammy W. Musundi, Benerd M. Nzimbi, “Metric Equivalence as an Almost Similarity Property”. Journal of Progressive in Mathematics (JPRM), Vol. 12(4), November, 2017.
14. Kilwake J. Wanjala, MwakioTole, and Musundi Sammy, “Assessment of Water Quality in Boreholes and Wells in Waa Location, Kwale County, Kenya”. Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 4(5), 2017, 261-277.
15. Musundi Sammy W, Musyoka Kinyili, Priscah Moraa Ohuru. “On Analytical Approach to Semiopen/Semi-closed sets in Metric Spaces”. International Journal of Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 2(2), 2017, 54-58.
16. Nzimbi B. M., Luketero S. W., Sitati N. I., Musundi S. W., Mwenda E. On Almost Similarity and Metric Equivalence of operators. Accepted for publication -Pioneer Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, June, 2016.
17. Mark O Okongo, Lawi George, Musundi Sammy, Adiel Magana.”Modeling HIV/AIDS Co Infection with Malaria and Tuberculosis: The role of treatment and counseling”. Accepted for publication in International Journal of Applied Mathematical Research. Chuka University Academic Staff Database © 2020 Page 260 of 460
18. Mustapha M. Waseja, Mwenda Samwel N., Musundi Sammy, Jerebon Josephine and Pascal Ocheing, An Empirical analysis of Commercialization of Smallholder Farming: Its inclusive household Welfare Effects. 2005:2012, Journal of Economics and Commerce Management, 2016, 1, 1-10.
19. Musundi Sammy W, M’mukiira Peter Mutwiri, Mungai Fredrick. Modeling and Forecasting Kenyan GDP Using Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) Models. Science Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Vol. 4, No. 2, 2016, pp. 64-73.
20. Mohammed Mustapha W., Mwenda Samwel N., Musundi Sammy W. and Njoroge Elizabeth, Analysis of Volatility of Real Exchange Rate and Exports in Kenya using the Garch Model: 2005:2012, Journal of Multidisciplinary Scientific Research, 3(4), 2015, 27-38.
21. Sitati N. Isaiah, Sammy W. Musundi, Benerad M. Nzimbi and Kikete W. Dennis. 2015. A Note on Quasisimilarity of Operators in Hilbert Spaces, International Journal of Mathematical Archive, 6(7):49-54.
22. Mwenda E., Musundi S. W., Nzimbi B. M.,Marani V. N., and Loyford N. Distribution of Spectrum in a Direct Sum Decomposition of Operators into Normal and Completely Non normal parts; International Journal of Modern Mathematical Sciences: Modern Scientific Press, USA, 11(3), 2014, 118-124.
23. Musundi S. Wabomba, Fredrick Muthengi, Njogu S. Muriuki, Ombaka C. Ochieng, Mugambi Dennis and Charles K. Gitonga, Application of Banach space ideal properties in image transmission over wireless network, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 5(3) 2014, 215-219.
24. Kinyanjui J. N, Musundi S. W., Rimberia J., Mwenda E. and Rutto P. K.“Suborbital Graphs and their properties for unordered pairs in An(n=5,6,7,8) through rank and subdegrees determination’’, International Research Journal of Pure Algebra, 3(12), 2013, 362-369.
25. Kinyanjui J. N, Musundi S. W., Rimberia J., Sitati N. I. and Makila P. 2013. “Transitivity Action of An (n=5,6,7,8) On Unordered and Ordered Pairs’’, International J. Mathematical Archive 4(9):1-2.
26. Ombaka O., Musundi S. W., Gitonga L. K., Kibara. D. and Olivia A. N., Rapid, Economical and selective Compexometric Determination of Iron (III) in its synthetic alloys using 3 hydroxy-3-phynyl-1-(2,4,6- tribromophynyl) International Journal of Scientific & Engineering. Vol. 4, Issue 9, Sept. 2013.
27. Musundi S. Wabomba, Sitati N. Isaiah, Nzimbi B. Mutuku and Murwayi A. Lunani “On Almost Similarity Operator Equivalence Relation’’, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences (IJRRAS) 15 (3) June 2013.
28. Musundi S. Wabomba, Ombaka C. Ochieng , Njogu S. Muriuki, Fredrick Muthengi, Mugambi Dennis and Shem O. Aywa, “Conjecture of Banach space operator ideals in nuclear spaces’’, Asian Journal of Current Engineering and Maths 2: 3 May – June (2013) 196 – 200.
29. Musundi S. Wabomba, Shem Away, Jan Fourie and John Matuya, 2012. “Unconditional Banach Space Ideal Property’’, Journal of Mathematical Sciences: Advances and Applications, 18(1/2):21-28.
30. Kirimi Jacob, Musundi Sammy Wabomba, Anthony Muthondu Kinyanjui, and Murwayi Alice Lunani, “Magnetic field and hall current effect on Mhd free convection flow past a vertical rotating flat plate’’, Asian Journal of Current Engineering and Maths, 1: 6 Nov –Dec (2012) 346 – 354.
31. John Wanyonyi Matuya, Patrick Makila, Simiyu Achiles, Shem Away and Musundi Sammy, “On Characterization of u-ideals determined by sequences’’, Asian Journal of Current Engineering and Maths1: 5 Sep –Oct (2012) 247 – 250
32. Sitati N. Isaiah, Musundi S. Wabomba, Nzimbi B. Mutuku and Kirimi Jacob, “On Similarity and Quasisimilarity equivalence relations’’, Bulletin of Society for mathematical services & standards, Vol.1 No.2 (2012), pp. 151-171.
33. Musundi S. Wabomba, Shem Away and Jan Fourie, “Equivalent Banach operator ideal norms’’, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, Vol. 6, no. 1, 19-27, 2012.
34. Musundi Sammy Wabomba, “On The Convexity of A Generalized q-Numerical Range’’, Journal of Science, Technology Education and Management (J-STEM), Vol. 3 no. 1 & 2, 2010.
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATON:
Functional Analysis-Operator Theory
Analysis (Functional Analysis, Operator Theory, Topology);
Algebra; Mathematical Applications in Computer Science
1.Modelling Hiv/Aids co-infection with malaria and tuberculosis in presence of treatment and counselling.
2.Norm Estimates for Norm- Attainable Operators
3.Combined Effects of Hall Current, Rotation and Inclined Magnetic Field on a Free Convection Fluid Flow with Heat and Mass Transfer
4.4. Metric Equivalence as an Almost Similarity Relation.
5. Modeling Nitrate Leaching into Groundwater Using Advection-Dispersion Equation
6. Norm of Elementary Operator in Tensor Products
7. Numerical Range For Finite Linear Operators In Banach Spaces
8. Norm of An Elementary Operator of Finite Length in AC ∗ Algebra
9. Formulation of The Schrödinger Equation Using The Hilbert Space Operator Approach
10. On Characterization of Cyclic Permutation Graphs
11. On Characterization of Transformation Semi-groups Generated by Digraphs
12. Modelling and Forecasting Kenyan Gdp Using Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (Arima) Models