FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Climate Change and Environmental Science
2016 date: Assistant Lecturer, Chuka University
2013 -2015: Associate Lecturer, Kenyatta University and Mount Kenya University
Patron of Chuka University Equity Leaders Club
1) Ph.D. in Climate Change (On going), University of Nairobi
2) Master of Environmental Science, Kenyatta University
3) B.Sc./B.A. Environmental Science, Kenyatta University
4) Any Other
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
2019 (On going): Gender, Climate Change and Food Security
2018: Estimating the willingness to pay for improved municipal solid waste management in Nairobi, Kenya
2013: Evaluating the impact of direct anthropogenic activities on land degradation in arid and semi-arid regions in Kenya
1) Ndunda, E.N. and Muia, V.K. (2018). Estimating the willingness to pay for improved municipal solid waste management in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Environmental Science, 3:8-16.
2) Muia, V. K. (2018). Disposal methods of soiled diapers in low-income households of Nairobi County in Kenya. IJRDO – Journal of Applied Science (ISSN: 2455-6653), 4(7), 11-20.
3) Muia V. K and Ndunda E, (2013). Evaluating the impact of direct anthropogenic activities on land degradation in arid and semi-arid regions in Kenya. Wudpecker Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 2(6), pp. 173 – 182.
1) Climate change, adaptation and mitigation
2) Solid waste management
3) Air pollution and human health
4) Natural resources conservation
5) Payment for ecosystem services