Faculty: Science, Engineering and Technology
Department: Physical Sciences
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION
Atomic and Molecular Physics
2014 to date: Assistant Lecturer
2008-2013: Graduate teacher of Physic/Mathematics (O-level)
PhD in Atomic and Molecular Physics. (Humboldt University of Berlin)- Ongoing
Master of Science in Physics. (Kenyatta University)
B.Ed Science, Physics/Mathematics (University of Nairobi)
KEY RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. 2017 to date: Determination of neutrino mass in collaboration with the Karlsruhe Tritium
Neutrino (KATRIN) experiment.
2. 2012-1013: Positron impact excitation on Helium atom and its effects on the integral and differential cross-sections.
1. M. Aker et al. (KATRIN collaboration) (2019). Improved upper limit on the neutrino mass from
a direct kinematic method by KATRIN.Physical Review Letters 123, 221802.
2. William Ndeke (2017). Positron-Helium Atom Excitation Using the Distorted Wave
Method at Intermediate Impact Energy Range. International Journal of Science and Technology 6.
3. Ndeke W.M., Okumu J, Singh C.S. (2014). Distorted Wave Method Calculation of Positron
Impact Excitation of 21S State of Helium Atom. Advances in Physics Theories and Applications 35.
Application of kinematic techniques on diatomic molecules in finding Final State Distributions necessary for neutrino mass determination.