The Security Department is charged with the responsibility of providing security services to the University. It is headed by the Chief Security Officer, who is assisted by supervisors and other security staff. The basic duties of the department include:
• Protection of University staff, students and their property within the University.
• Guarding of the University property.
• Investigating cases reported to the department.
Among the issues handled by the department are:
• Assaults among students
• Missing students
• Gender conflicts
• Consulting with the government security services where applicable.
• Confirming the loss of University identity cards
The department also liaises with others sections of the University on matters affecting the security and comfort of the students and staff. The security office appeals to all students and staff to volunteer vital information to security office for their own safety and that of the University at large.